TECHNICAL AND CREATIVE
Traducciones Carbonell is a translation company with more than 20 years experience on translating technical and creative texts.
Carbonell Translations offers the following services:
• translations English-Spanish
• translations Dutch-Spanish
• corrections of Spanish texts for grammar and style
• Desktop publishing (DTP)
Types of text
• creative texts: marketing, advertisements, folders
• technical texts: user’s manuals, technical data, guides, engineering standards
• computer related texts: software, hardware, webpages
We subscribe the General Conditions of the Vertalersforum, a Dutch Translation Association. To view them, click here.
Elena Carbonell Sánchez-Gijón
Elena Carbonell Sánchez-Gijón was born in Cadiz , Spain in 1968. She holds a degree in English Language and Literature from the University of Seville. In 1995 she moved to Amsterdam , the Netherlands , where she studied translation Dutch-Spanish at Vertol, Translation Polytechnics. She has been working as a professional translator since 1998 and has wide experience in translating into Spanish diverse types of texts, especially technical guides and user’s manuals.
She is also the co-author of a Spanish method for the Dutch publishing company Coutinho. She is now writting the second part.
Elena Carbonell is part of Grupo Ortega Carbonell. She is also a platinum member of Proz.com and a member since Januari 2010 of Stichting Vertalersforum, a Dutch organization of translators.
Click here to view an extended resumé.
technical and creative
Are you a sworn translator?
No. I don’t translate legal texts.
OK, so you translate those manuals nobody understands?
No, I translate the manuals that you DO understand.
Software I use
• Wordfast 6 Clasic and Pro
• SDL Trados 2009
• MemoQ 6
• Microsoft Office 2007: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access
• Adobe CS4 Master Collection: Acrobat pro, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Premiere Pro.